Ford Expedition Windshield Replacement & Repair
Damaged Glass? Book A Service
*Free windshield replacement with insurance:
It means no out-of-pocket expenses. Your insurance coverage handles all costs, ensuring a genuinely cost-free service.
The Ford Expedition windshield specifications vary depending on the year and model, but here are some common specifications:
1. Size: The windshield is typically around 68.2 inches wide and 28.6 inches tall.
2. Glass Type: The windshield is made of laminated glass, which is composed of two layers of glass with a vinyl interlayer in between. This construction helps prevent the glass from shattering upon impact.
3. Tint: The windshield may have a slight tint at the top, known as a shade band, to help reduce glare from the sun.
4. Defrosting: Some models of the Ford Expedition may have a windshield with a built-in defrosting feature. This uses electrical heating elements to melt ice and snow, improving visibility during cold weather.
5. Wipers: The windshield is designed to accommodate windshield wipers, which can be automatic or operated manually.
6. Rain Sensor: Some models may also be equipped with a rain sensor, which automatically activates the windshield wipers when it detects moisture.
7. Sunroof Compatibility: For models with a sunroof option, the windshield is designed to integrate seamlessly with the sunroof assembly.
It is important to note that these specifications can vary slightly between different model years and trims of the Ford Expedition. It is always best to consult the vehicle’s owner’s manual or contact Ford directly for the most accurate and up-to-date windshield specifications.