Ford Explorer Windshield Replacement & Repair
Damaged Glass? Book A Service
*Free windshield replacement with insurance:
It means no out-of-pocket expenses. Your insurance coverage handles all costs, ensuring a genuinely cost-free service.
The Ford Explorer windshield specifications may vary slightly depending on the specific model and year. However, a general overview of some common windshield specifications for the Ford Explorer may include:
– Size: The windshield size for a Ford Explorer is typically around 65.7 inches in width and 33.5 inches in height.
– Glass Type: The windshield is made of laminated safety glass, which consists of two layers of glass with a layer of polyvinyl butyral (PVB) interlayer in between. This design helps prevent the windshield from shattering upon impact, increasing safety for the occupants.
– Tint: The Ford Explorer windshield typically comes with a slight tint at the top portion, helping to reduce glare from the sun and protect the interior from UV radiation.
– Features: Some Ford Explorer windshields may have additional features such as rain-sensing wipers, acoustic glass, or heated defrost elements embedded into the glass.
– Wiper Compatibility: The windshield should be compatible with the standard wiper size for the Ford Explorer, which is commonly 24 inches for the driver’s side and 18 inches for the passenger’s side.
– Installation Method: The windshield is installed using a urethane adhesive that securely bonds the glass to the vehicle’s frame, providing structural strength and preventing water leakage.
It is important to note that the exact specifications may differ based on the specific trim level, year, and any optional packages. It is recommended to consult the owner’s manual or contact a Ford dealership for the precise windshield specifications for a particular Ford Explorer model.