Ford F150 Windshield Replacement & Repair
Damaged Glass? Book A Service
*Free windshield replacement with insurance:
It means no out-of-pocket expenses. Your insurance coverage handles all costs, ensuring a genuinely cost-free service.
The Ford F-150 windshield specifications can vary based on the specific model year and trim level. However, some general specifications for the Ford F-150 windshield include:
1. Size: The windshield of the Ford F-150 is typically 1080mm (42.5 inches) in height and 2020mm (79.5 inches) in width.
2. Glass Type: The Ford F-150 windshield is made from laminated safety glass. It consists of two layers of glass with a layer of vinyl between them, providing enhanced strength and safety.
3. Tint: The windshield usually comes with a slight green tint along the top edge. This tint helps reduce glare from the sun and provides some UV protection.
4. Heating Element: Some Ford F-150 models may have a heating element embedded in the windshield. This heating element helps to defrost or de-ice the windshield during colder weather conditions.
5. Wipers: The windshield is designed to accommodate two windshield wipers that operate in a synchronized motion to clear rain, snow, or debris from the glass. The wipers may have multiple speeds or intermittent settings, depending on the specific model.
6. Features: Depending on the model year and trim level, the windshield may also incorporate various features such as a rain sensor to activate the wipers automatically, automatic dimming for the rearview mirror to reduce glare at night, or a heads-up display (HUD) projection system.
It’s important to note that these specifications may vary across different Ford F-150 generations and may be subject to change due to advancements in automotive technology or individual model specifications. It is always recommended to consult the official Ford F-150 owner’s manual or contact a Ford dealership for the precise specifications of the windshield for a specific model year and trim level.