Ford Taurus Windshield Replacement & Repair
Damaged Glass? Book A Service
*Free windshield replacement with insurance:
It means no out-of-pocket expenses. Your insurance coverage handles all costs, ensuring a genuinely cost-free service.
The Ford Taurus windshield specifications may vary depending on the specific year and model of the car. However, here are the general specifications for a typical Ford Taurus windshield:
1. Size: The size of the windshield may vary slightly, but it is typically around 57 to 60 inches in width and 25 to 30 inches in height.
2. Glass Type: The windshield is made of laminated safety glass, which consists of two layers of glass with a thin layer of plastic interlayer in between. This construction helps to prevent the windshield from shattering into small pieces upon impact.
3. Tint: The windshield may have a slight tint at the top, commonly known as a shade band. This tint helps to reduce glare from the sun and improve visibility for the driver.
4. Heated Windshield: Some Ford Taurus models may have an optional heated windshield feature. This feature helps to quickly defrost and de-ice the windshield in colder weather conditions.
5. Wiper Blades: The windshield is designed to accommodate wiper blades, which are essential for maintaining clear visibility during rain or snow. The length and type of wiper blades may differ depending on the Taurus model.
6. Windshield Wiper De-Icers: Certain Ford Taurus models may also come equipped with windshield wiper de-icers. These de-icers help prevent the wiper blades from freezing to the windshield, ensuring effective wiper performance in icy conditions.
It is important to note that these specifications are general guidelines and may vary depending on the specific year and model of the Ford Taurus. It is always recommended to refer to the vehicle’s owner manual or consult with a Ford dealership for accurate and up-to-date windshield specifications.