Mitsubishi Eclipse Windshield Replacement & Repair
Damaged Glass? Book A Service
*Free windshield replacement with insurance:
It means no out-of-pocket expenses. Your insurance coverage handles all costs, ensuring a genuinely cost-free service.
The windshield specifications for the Mitsubishi Eclipse are as follows:
1. Size: The windshield has a standard size for the three generations of the Mitsubishi Eclipse. For the first two generations (1990-1999, 2000-2005), the windshield size is approximately 53 inches in length and 24 inches in height. For the third generation (2006-2012), the windshield size is about 57 inches in length and 27 inches in height.
2. Glass Type: The windshield is made of laminated safety glass. It consists of two layers of glass with a thin layer of polyvinyl butyral (PVB) interlayer sandwiched between them. This construction helps to prevent the glass from shattering upon impact and provides added safety in case of an accident.
3. Tint: The windshield typically comes with a factory default tint, which is usually light and helps to reduce glare from the sun. However, some models might have an option for a darker tint or a clear windshield.
4. UV Protection: The windshield provides UV protection to reduce the harmful effects of the sun’s rays. It blocks most of the UV-A and UV-B radiation, thereby minimizing the fading of the interior upholstery and protecting the driver and passengers from potential skin damage.
5. Windshield Wipers: The windshield is designed to accommodate standard-size windshield wipers. The size can vary depending on the specific year and model of the Mitsubishi Eclipse, but most commonly used sizes are 22 inches for the driver’s side and 18 inches for the passenger’s side.
6. Defrosting System: The windshield is equipped with a defrosting system, which helps to quickly clear any frost or fog on the glass during cold weather. This system includes embedded electric heating elements that warm up the windshield, making it easier to maintain clear visibility.
7. Rain-Sensing Wipers: Some Mitsubishi Eclipse models might have an optional rain-sensing wiper system. This advanced feature uses sensors to detect rainfall on the windshield and automatically adjusts the wiper speed accordingly.
It is important to note that these specifications might vary slightly depending on the specific year and model of the Mitsubishi Eclipse. It is recommended to refer to the vehicle’s owner’s manual or consult with a Mitsubishi dealership for the most accurate and up-to-date information.